1. They are highly purified Gellan gum based gelling agents
2.They are natural anionic heteropolysaccharide comprising of glucurinic acid,rhamnose and glucose.
3. They forms rigid,brittle,agar-like gels.
1. Amount Required: Approximately ONE THIRD use level of agar: SAVE MONEY
2. Remarkably Clear gels in comparison to those formed with agar: BETTER RESULTS DUE TO BETTER OPTICAL QUALITY.
3. Gels set faster than those made with agar thus reducing plate preparation time: SAVES TIME
4. Better Growth supporting properties. WIDER APPLICATIONS
5. Gels stable at high temperatures: Supports incubation required by thermophilic microorganisms: SUPPORTS GROWTH OF WIDER RANGE OF ORGANISMS
1. Disperses and hydrates easily in either hot or cold deionized water, forming viscous solutions in cold
2. Can be used to provide high gel strength at low GROVGEL concentrations in presence of salts(normally at approximately half the concentrations required for agar).
3. As a solution at high temp it has a low viscosity-facilities pipetting, pumping.